Fun on a budget- My 96 Sierra 2500 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always love to be overprepared, so I will probably do that to an extent. Unfortunately we do not have much room in our current garage, so I can only do so much of that, but that'll all change when my buddy and I get our own garage! Jury rigging is my friend a lot of the time, just until I can get the part I need. LOL
You will find the room! My front room in my house is full of mechanical parts. My second bedroom is full interior parts. I have enough interior pieces to make a complete second interior for my ‘94.

Yes, I have a problem.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
time to find a 95-99 tahoe ( 4 door 2wd with barn doors) non running to put that drivetrain in
to all gmt400 members I present to you the HotWheelsTahoe built by our Queen the one and only HotWheelsBurban powered by a 8.2l 500 ci Cadillac v8 making 400hp and 550ft lbs of torque done in two tone of her suburban and her crew cab the truck of the hour totm winner and toty winner him self mr Rawhide featuring 20x10 torqthrusts and nice thick and wide meaty tires keep your eye pealed for this truck it will be smoking 75-90% of the competition

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
to all gmt400 members I present to you the HotWheelsTahoe built by our Queen the one and only HotWheelsBurban powered by a 8.2l 500 ci Cadillac v8 making 400hp and 500ft lbs of torque done in two tone of her suburban and her crew cab the truck of the hour totm winner and toty winner him self mr Rawhide featuring 20x10 torqthrusts and nice thick and wide meaty tires keep your eye pealed for this truck it will be smoking 75-90% of the competition
Ahh, don't I wish! I'd rather have a 2 door 400 though, Tahoes just don't have enough space compared to Burbs. And if it's gonna be different, that way I'd have the smallest and largest 400s.

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It was for the short time we got to run it. That Burb was really trashed because it had been on a farm/ranch and had been only run at low speed, never had an oil change. Filthy inside the engine and interior, motor mount cross member adapter piece had terrible welds. We blew it apart to fix everything and never got it back together. I still have the 500 and the Cadillac TH400 trans, to go in another project.
Ah, that's too bad, love those trucks. That is great news though. I'm all for a GMT400, but I think that drivetrain deserves to go in something 70's. Though I guess it would make a really cool sleeper in a 400, carbureted with a points distributor and all... ooh, the less electronics the more I love it.

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will find the room! My front room in my house is full of mechanical parts. My second bedroom is full interior parts. I have enough interior pieces to make a complete second interior for my ‘94.

Yes, I have a problem.
I guarantee my house will be like that hahaha. Even still I always have some sort of truck parts or dirtbike parts in my room.

Well, you've acknowledged you have a problem, and that is the first step on the road toward not changing it. LOL!

Last edited:

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ahh, don't I wish! I'd rather have a 2 door 400 though, Tahoes just don't have enough space compared to Burbs. And if it's gonna be different, that way I'd have the smallest and largest 400s.
Oooh, now that 99xcss4 mentions Rawhide, I think the 500 should go in there! Now wouldn't that be a smooth looking and mean performing machine! I love long trucks, and boaty cars for that matter.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
yeah it would be 2 door barn doors 4x4 5 speed big block 8 lug conversion for me but I put the 4 door one for you because of your gotta have 4 doors tagline
After I got Rawhide, "Burbs are great!" sounded wrong....
If I ever get a shell, I guess he'll be a one ton Burb.