fuel system diagnosis??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RED90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently rebuilt the transmission and the engine for my 1990 chevy k1500 (5.7L). She ran great for about 10 miles after I "thought" she was finished. my problem now is that she is not getting any fuel. so rather than just replacing the filter and pump right of the bat like I did last time (I got lucky that time...it worked), I was wondering if there were any ways to diagnose specifically why there is no fuel getting sprayed into the throttle body. any help would be much appreciated!!

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Is the pump turning on?

If so, start by undoing the fuel line at the filter and seeing if you are getting fuel there?

If so, pull the line at the throttle body and see if fuel is reaching it.

If so, your fpr is probably stuck.

If the fuel pump isn't kicking on, check the fused link on the passenger side of the firewall and the fuse under that dash on the drivers side.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I would grab a multimeter and make sure the pump is getting power. If it isn't, then I would check the fuel relay in the underhood fuse box. If that thing has gone south, your pump won't cycle, and then you get no fuel.

RED90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for info! this weekend I will go through her and hopefully ill find out what my problem is! though it may not be the most interesting fix in the world, I will let you know what the problem is when I find it.

RED90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
we checked the fuse that is under the hood and it happened to be that it was not getting any power. after we found that out...we checked the ecm fuse under the dash and there it was...the ecm fuse was blown. so I replaced the fuse and she fired right up and ran like new.