fuel pump problems need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
did you replace it before? my 88 used to cut out because the guy tied the two wires together and they were grounding out on the gas tank as the wire nut fell off the wires

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
did you replace it before? my 88 used to cut out because the guy tied the two wires together and they were grounding out on the gas tank as the wire nut fell off the wires

when i bought the truck a year ago it had a new pump tank and lines i have had the tank out when i did the back half of frame and my body lift and it was all good i think the ground from the motor to the frame is messed up i had a problem with it before so im not sure though

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
ground straps may do that. i recommend barons ground straps if you do go that route. im just saying check to make sure there arent any loose fuel pump wires slapping around the frame because that could be an issue.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
ground straps may do that. i recommend barons ground straps if you do go that route. im just saying check to make sure there arent any loose fuel pump wires slapping around the frame because that could be an issue.

yeah ill check that as soon as i can

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
yeah ill check that as soon as i can

My bet is your to low on gas. It sounds unreal and like me, im sure you have gotten away with taking your tank down all the way to bottom of the red. I was having the same problem going up paved hills with 1/4 tank. Cant hurt to try....go grab 5 gallons and see. I felt like a REAL dumb after i got my truck towed home to find out adding 5 gallons fixed it.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
My bet is your to low on gas. It sounds unreal and like me, im sure you have gotten away with taking your tank down all the way to bottom of the red. I was having the same problem going up paved hills with 1/4 tank. Cant hurt to try....go grab 5 gallons and see. I felt like a REAL dumb after i got my truck towed home to find out adding 5 gallons fixed it.

i had fuel in it the pump just shut off when you turn the key off and back on the pump doesnt even prime the motor or make any sound

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
hmm if its not making any noise i would try using a rubber malet and bang on the fuel tank. Sometimes this can bring it back to life enough to get you home or to a shop. I guess if it works after you hit it then you need a new fuel pump.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
hmm if its not making any noise i would try using a rubber malet and bang on the fuel tank. Sometimes this can bring it back to life enough to get you home or to a shop. I guess if it works after you hit it then you need a new fuel pump.

but when i get it back on flat ground it turns back on