fuel milage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birchhatchery

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
since I did the tune up ran 2 bottles sea foam in truck and took tailgate off and put a board across so things don't fly out my tailgate don't work. I am getting now slightly over 12 miles to the gallon!

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
If you are hauling a horse trailer, you are doing pretty damn good......Try a whole tank without the trailer at all and see what you get

I have the same truck, extra cab, 3.73s and am lucky to get 15 on the highway....around town, it sucks big time

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
comparing mileage figures between vehicles is nearly pointless. Everything from vehicle configuration, to driver habits, to usage, to maintenance and condition, to geography changes it. PLus a couple dozen other factors I haven't mentioned.

A "range" is the best you can hope for.

10-15 is a reasonable expectation for the OP. 15 being a high side number when everything is just right on the highway...

So much agree. Heck, my old K2500 with 4.10s would vary within that 10-15 range depending on where I was and what I was doing (never mind being loaded or with a trailer, that's a whole other kettle of fish). My old K1500 with 3.42s varied between 15-20 generally.

Sent from somewhere between here and there