Fuel injector identification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJK555

Reaction score
My 1988 GMC K2500 originally came with a 5.0L which was changed to a 5.7L by the previous owner. I understand that there is a difference in fuel injectors between these engines. Can anyone help with identifying the injectors that are in the throttle body now and with what I should be looking for if they are the srong ones. I am assuming that the throttle body is the same but came with different injectors.

Thanks in advance.

David

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
injectors are color coded at or around the top pin area...what color are yours

DJK555

Reaction score
Colours

The colours are partially worn off but its looks to be green and white.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
green=305 low pressure

orange=350 low pressure

blue=454 low pressure

purple=454 hi pressure

DJK555

Reaction score
Should I replace them?

green=305 low pressure

orange=350 low pressure

blue=454 low pressure

purple=454 hi pressure

Now that I know that this truck is running 5.0L injectors on a 5.7L should I replace them considering the cost - about $300 can including the gasket kit. This is very much a work truck - firewood , property maintenance - and a camper hauler. Your comments on this?

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
the right injectors are a good and easy solution to future problems..i would look in a recycle yard for a used tb in good shape...then you end up with extra spare parts

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I ordered new Delphi injectors off eBay for $24/each last week. Go look for my thread in the eBay/Craigslist Finds section for a link, on my phone right now.