Fuel Cell/ 4 link

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Alright guys, i know its two complete different topics... But im customizing the read of the frame on my truck. Basicly im going to run a 4 link, with a fuel cell at the rear like one of the members here with the 454ss. My problem is, id run a fuel cell that tucks up as high as i can. I will be cutting some of the box supports, smae as the cross member in the frame that holds the spare up in place. I mesured, and looks like i can put in a tank that is 30 inchs long (front to back) 32 inches wide (frame rail to frame rail) then 11 inches deep(from box to ground) But obviously being a custom cell, does any one know a place around Canada ontario, or even michigan area?

Now for the 4-link, is there a kit that i can buy that will bolt/weld up in place of the leafs. I want to run the 4 link bars on the outside of the frame because in my mind, it should help better on body roll? Or is a 4-link strickly for axle twist? i also want to put coil over suspensions, im guessing a set from a older camero or something would work?

I need info !

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
to me moving the 4ling to the inside of the frame makes no difference then on the out side.. the 4link is just there to keep the rearend located and help plant the tires.. having built in ajustabity will make it easier to tune on the truck. but seeing your just wanting a fixed in place 4link you will not be able to tune it other then sqauring the rearend and setting pinion angle..

now moving the 4link inside the frame will let you run a wider wheel and tire this is a big plus for handling.. your spring/shock is what you need to be worried about be as close to the tire as you can get it.. same goes for the sway bar.. now for a bolt in 4link you will not find one that fits the inside the frame its going to be weld in and really isnt that hard to install.. they do make a bolt on 4link for your truck but it bolts to the outside of the frame..

now the gas tank.. there is a guy on my facebook thats building tanks that fit the rear frame of your truck with the stock sending unit..

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Metal-Worx-Inc/139685129395908

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Ok so inside/outside no difference then. One question complete! lol Im going to be running 295s on stock widen ss rims. So as for clearance, inside/outside, i dont think will matter. All my setup has to work with that im building. I absolutly want to have my exhaust come out the rear. No questions there... so as long as i can fit it even with the 4 link there. Then thats cool. how would i know though, how good whatever 4-link is better then others? i wouldnt mind getting any kit that i need to weld, im not affraid to weld anything!

For the tank, funny that you send me that link, i was on their page already! im running carburater so the sending unit needs to be different.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just fing you a 4link that you like.. a non adjustable 4link is about the same as any.. you just need to know what the truck is going to used for.. drag racing, road racing, or just looks.. they have there place and set up completely different.. if I was going road racing or something I would look ar a 3link with a watts.. but even if you go 4link I still would use a watts..

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Well, this is my plan, the engine will be pishing around 460HP and 475 foot pounds of torque. Im going to be running it with a t56... Now im looking to have it a sunday driver... so it has to be street legal/drivable. I want to be able to go to the track as well, so i need best of both worlds. I understand that its a truck, so its hard to hook up, period. So im set on a 4 link, i just need to figure out what one to use. I contacted fabworx, they'll get me a cost shipped. i want it for looks/racing/street. So im hoping to run their square tubing 4 link, with the coilover as far to the outside as possible (if i can fit them between my 295s and the frame, i will. If not its going to be set up exacly the same as 454ssguy. Other then i want retty high...

Shawtbed96

Reaction score
Well, this is my plan, the engine will be pishing around 460HP and 475 foot pounds of torque. Im going to be running it with a t56... Now im looking to have it a sunday driver... so it has to be street legal/drivable. I want to be able to go to the track as well, so i need best of both worlds. I understand that its a truck, so its hard to hook up, period. So im set on a 4 link, i just need to figure out what one to use. I contacted fabworx, they'll get me a cost shipped. i want it for looks/racing/street. So im hoping to run their square tubing 4 link, with the coilover as far to the outside as possible (if i can fit them between my 295s and the frame, i will. If not its going to be set up exacly the same as 454ssguy. Other then i want retty high...

Any sort of update? I ran that set u spoke of and haven't driven it as yet, but it looks pretty stout. Tpi 454, 3 spd, ss rear end and 4 link with watts... no notch

Attachments

• 20231129_220234.jpg
    20231129_220234.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 9