Front Lower Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

h3ad tr9p

Reaction score
Wouldn’t you have to use bolt on ball joints then?
Well yeah but that don’t matter to me I’m just seeing if there’s going to be allot of grinding to be done on the other ones because I plan on sending everything to powder coat.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I was trying to make it look pretty I’d find some forged LCA’s and powder coat them.

k20chevy

Reaction score
I am not totally certain but I believe if you can get the 1st design spindles then you shouldn't need to grind, but I don't have any to compare to. The stock 98 spindles required more than I would have liked to grind but I had no option at the time.

This may be unrelated but I'm getting clunking in the suspension somewhere, I ordered a set of body mounts to do just to be certain but I'll post back if I find something actually wrong. I didn't find anything obvious this past weekend.

Josh777

Reaction score
"I ordered new torsion bars and keys and that made the install go pretty easy."
I'm getting ready to do some intensive work on my '92 Yukon including a 6" lift, full front-end rebuild (including the Astro LCAs), new leaf springs, and hopefully new torsion bars/keys.

Where did you order your torsion bars from? This is my first venture into this level of modifications, and I'm finding a LOT of slightly varying info regarding the torsion bars...how do I know which ones I need? 15048307 15048308 are the part numbers I've come up with.

k20chevy

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to do some intensive work on my '92 Yukon including a 6" lift, full front-end rebuild (including the Astro LCAs), new leaf springs, and hopefully new torsion bars/keys.

Where did you order your torsion bars from? This is my first venture into this level of modifications, and I'm finding a LOT of slightly varying info regarding the torsion bars...how do I know which ones I need? 15048307 15048308 are the part numbers I've come up with.
Look for the rpo codes in your glove box sticker. If that sticker is gone, go to compnine.com and pay $5 to run like 5 vins. This will pull up and tell you the correct bars for your truck. Then you can cross reference the rpo codes to the sheets online that give you the GM part numbers. I think I ordered mine thru gm parts giant. Gm parts direct is also a decent site as well. Really just find the dealer site with the cheapest shipping as they usually all charge about the same price for the bars.

Josh777

Reaction score
Gm parts direct is also a decent site as well. Really just find the dealer site with the cheapest shipping as they usually all charge about the same price for the bars.
6GC
Discontinued.
Any suggestions where to look, or if another PN would work?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6GC
Discontinued.
Any suggestions where to look, or if another PN would work?
Scroll down to GM 97-2000 and then scroll to the right. Any would fit, just choose the size you like.

6GC and 7GC alternate part numbers:
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

k20chevy

Reaction score
Scroll down to GM 97-2000 and then scroll to the right. Any would fit, just choose the size you like.
Caman96,

ALL of the 97-2000 bars are now discontinued! I literally bought my set about 6 months ago.

I'm not sure if the newer year bars still fit. I feel like they would be a different length since they break them up in categories by year ranges.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Caman96,

ALL of the 97-2000 bars are now discontinued! I literally bought my set about 6 months ago.

I'm not sure if the newer year bars still fit. I feel like they would be a different length since they break them up in categories by year ranges.
If the part numbers match(see edit above), then it should fit. Not saying you can purchase all new. Search those part numbers on ebay and a ton are available.