Front Crank Seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The truck in question is a 1996 k1500 Z71 with a 350 vortec.

I'd like to keep my truck around for a little while, so my spring plans include knocking out some oil leaks, which includes the front timing and crank seal. My issue with that is that rockauto shows a "first design seal" which is 58mm, as a "second design" seal, which is a 61.5mm seal. I was told to just buy both and send back the one I didn't need, which I was fine with until I realized there are timing cover gaskets specific to each one. So, does anyone know when the designs changed, or how I'd know which size I need? The truck is my daily, and I'm just in the process of building up parts to do oil pan, front crank, ball joints, tie rods, center link, idler, and cats/crossover pipe in one go, so it's not like I can take it apart, measure, and leave it apart until I get everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk