Freshly rebuilt 350 not starting!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys. I'm on my way back to OK. I'll have my dad try to do all that over the next week.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With the valves adjusted properly it has 0 compression. Back the nuts off a little and it has about 20 psi, back them off a little more, 80 psi. Does this mean anything?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With the valves adjusted properly it has 0 compression. Back the nuts off a little and it has about 20 psi, back them off a little more, 80 psi. Does this mean anything?

It means that the valves are too tight.

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay guys, I'm a complete idiot. We figured out a couple weeks ago I screwed up the timing (had crank sprocket in the wrong notch) got it right, put it back together, did valve lash, fired right up. No valve noise, no miss! I'm so happy we finally got it finished. My one concern is, before the rebuild the oil pressure would sit at 40 all the time. Now the oil pressure is around 60lbs at start up, then when it heats up it drops to around 10lbs. At around 1500rpm it'll be at 40lbs, and the higher the rpms, the higher the pressure. It does have break in oil in it. Could this be what is causing it?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk