Frame Cut (3/4 ton single cab short bed 4x4)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Deal fell thru on the truck, I am still looking at doing this if i can find another one tho. I am thinking instead of cutting the frame rails, the spring hangers could just be moved on the frame to get the correct wheelbase. After that, chop off the excess frame behind the rear spring hanger, and modify the bed mounts so a swb bed would fit it. The position of the spring hangers would give it a little lift, and it would be a perfect time to do a shackle flip on the rear spring hanger. Im not sure if a swb gas tank would fit it, but it would be in the way on the lwb also.

98_k1500

Reaction score
Deal is back on for the truck. Does anyone see an issue with just chopping the spring hangers off the frame and moving them forward to a 117.5" wheelbase?

98_k1500

Reaction score
I got the bed off both trucks. It looks like the easiest route is going to be moving the springs and chopping off the back of the frame. The front bed mounts are a direct bolt on. I have a really good set of drill bits that should drill the frame with no problem, will just take a little patience and a lot of time on the drill dr.