Four-Corner Mod w/ Red Leds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyBoat

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the title states I'm doing the 4 corner mod....I want to put red 194 LEDs in the sockets for the front turn signal cases.....how should I go about doing this? Do I need resistors? How would I install these? I am new to electrical stuff. I drilled the holes in the top marker cases and I need to wire everything up but want to do it right the first time. Can anyone help me out with instructions and a site to get the 194s from?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Super bright leds for the lights. Just wire them in parallel with the lower corner lights.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Not imo a led is a resistor if you were just switching them then yah but since you're adding a whole nother one you should be fine

ChevyBoat

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh OK. BTW love your truck man! Been following your build on the red stepside for a while.

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to advise against putting RED lights in the front of your truck. Legally amber and clear are for front red is for the rear. This is to distinguish the front to rear of your truck to other traffic.

also, you could be cited for impersonating a FD/EMS Unit or Police officer, depending on your local PD color scheme if Blue/Red

ChevyBoat

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 194 bulbs are clear and so are my new housings...guessing I'm going to have to get amber colored bulb's

ChevyBoat

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm concerned that the led bulbs won't be as bright as the incandescent 194s.... Unless I bought the expensive ones with multiple diodes on them. Will they be bright enough if I got the ones with say 5 diodes?