Forged lower control arm swap questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arambis

Reaction score
Hi Im not sure if this is the right thread or not but here goes.
I have a 1998 chevy k2500 4x4 (no lift) and am currently in the process of rebuilding the all the front end steering components at about 150xxx miles. I plan on reusing my upper control arms and having a shop remove and press in new bushings and balljoints (they said they could do this for both the uppers and lowers for $45 total). As for my lower control arms, I wanted to swap the welded ones out for a set of the stock forged ones from a junkyard and do the same thing. My local junkyard has a set of lower forged control arms out of a 1999 k2500 4x4 they would sell for $50 and I just wanted to ask on here and make sure these new used lower control arms will fit. Thanks for any responses.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I believe the lowers are interchangeable 6 lug to 8 lug. If yours is already an 8 lug then 100% yes they're interchangeable.

arambis

Reaction score
I believe the lowers are interchangeable 6 lug to 8 lug. If yours is already an 8 lug then 100% yes they're interchangeable.
Perfect. Mine is 8 lug, thanks!
Also here's a list of the parts I'm buying

Mevotech TTX upper and lower balljoints
Mevotech TTX inner and outer tie rods
Cunningham tie rod sleeves
Proforged idler arm bracket
Proforged idler arm
Proforged pitman arm
Proforged sway bar end links
Rancho Steering stabilizer
Energy suspension polyurethane upper/lower and sway bar bushings
Junkyard forged lower control arms

Trying to buy good stuff within reason price wise, already looking at just under 1k in all these parts mentioned. Should I change anything or buy anything else? Also do I need to buy a new centerlink and sway bar? I didn't see any reason to.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Make sure that you get the correct ball joints for the forged arms, I believe that they are a different diameter than the the welded arm ball joints.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a moderator will combine your two threads on the same general topic.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see you plan on doing poly bushing for your forged lowers, there is a thread here w how the standard poly kit doesn’t fit the forged lowers perfectly, has a slight amount of play. It was concluded that the 02 hummer or something like that fits better for forged arms.

3.3185G​