For you guys looking for 88-94 dash ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

forty6and2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
heres a lil project i whipped up in my 92 Yukon GT

the main reason i did this is was i HATED where the aftermarket deck had to be, everything was fully functional and the MAIN truck dash was hardly modified, when i sold the truck i didnt want anyone coming back to me saying something wasnt working with the dash.. so all i had to do was pop off all the painted/molded pieces and put it back to stock.

You must be registered for see images attach

thought ide throw in a before and after pic as well ;)

forty6and2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
of the truck yes, the dash no.. was lucky i was able to find what i had.. that truck i did about 10-12 years ago i believe

i didnt take any while building the dash mainly because i wasnt sure if it was going to work, i had to buy a whole complete dash and a few extra pieces to make it all work
everything was clothed, glassed sanded out, filled, sanded, filled, sanded, wet sanded and wet sanded then primed and painted to match and it looked sick!
i used to do all kinds of **** like this back in my car audio store days, nuthing would come out of my shop unless it was custom.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Im a little slow......what did you add to the dash to extend it? Did you do something to the interior door panel also or is the power switch set up like that in a Yukon?

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I friggen love it. My plans are to do the same thing to my dash so that I can use a double din headunit and not half to reach half way across the truck just to change the station. Good job on that project.

forty6and2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im a little slow......what did you add to the dash to extend it? Did you do something to the interior door panel also or is the power switch set up like that in a Yukon?

i added half of another dash! :) and no that is all stock on the door panels minus the pods, not sure if its a gt thing or a yukon thing