For the Corvette guys on GMT 400 dot com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you were around in the late '60s / early '70s, then you were aware that the auto manufacturers were wrestling with new federal regulations coming in related to tailpipe pollution. That, coupled with new minimum crash standards, took engineering time away from the normal evolutionary developments into urgent meet-the-regs work. Things were changing fast, and lots of planned engine options were suddenly in flux.

This is a small example of what was happening...

You must be registered for see images attach

Some Chevrolet publications showed engines that never reached production, such as this page from the 1970 Corvette Factory Assembly Manual....

And this page from the 1970 Corvette Owners' Manual. No, Chevy did not sell any factory LS7 cars...

The LS7 even got into the last page of the 1970 Corvette showroom brochure, but it didn't get in between the fenders of any actual cars rolling off the assembly line...

Then, there's the story of the proposed LT2 and LJ2 engines, but that's for another time.

Meanwhile, I wonder how much work it took to remove all the crap inside Farrah Fawcett's 1970 Corvette? :oops:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
If you were around in the late '60s / early '70s, then you were aware that the auto manufacturers were wrestling with new federal regulations coming in related to tailpipe pollution. That, coupled with new minimum crash standards, took engineering time away from the normal evolutionary developments into urgent meet-the-regs work. Things were changing fast, and lots of planned engine options were suddenly in flux.

This is a small example of what was happening...

Some Chevrolet publications showed engines that never reached production, such as this page from the 1970 Corvette Factory Assembly Manual....

And this page from the 1970 Corvette Owners' Manual. No, Chevy did not sell any factory LS7 cars...

The LS7 even got into the last page of the 1970 Corvette showroom brochure, but it didn't get in between the fenders of any actual cars rolling off the assembly line...

Then, there's the story of the proposed LT2 and LJ2 engines, but that's for another time.

Meanwhile, I wonder how much work it took to remove all the crap inside Farrah Fawcett's 1970 Corvette? :oops:

Wow, surprised they didn't put fur on the steering wheel too lol....Aahh the 70s, when no one had taste and we all thought we looked cool!

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Keeping with the 1970 theme of the last few posts, and remembering the post with the 1968 Motion Performance catalogue, here's what Hi-Performance Cars magazine thought about one of their cars...

The weird hood above is a normal C3 big-block hood with a '67 stinger grafted on top.

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This car has the king of "across-the-Chevy-parts-counter" engines from Chevrolet. He also added a 3x2bbl intake with triangular air cleaner, similar to those used on the 1967-68-69 435hp 427 engines in the Corvette. Gentlemen, the biggest of the big blocks, the 572 cubic inch, 727 horsepower, 680 lb/ft torque ZZ572/720R monster. The great thing is it's almost entirely a no modification bolt-in...

Try to imagine the ride out of a 3,000 lb. Corvette with that much torque and horsepower at the tip of your right toe.

Last edited:

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score