Fooling Rear O2 Sensors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I been driving my Yukon around, and, CEL still hasn't come on. I'd think by now it would have.
My 98 did that too when I removed the cats, but I had my college instructor tune it out so I wouldn't have to worry about it.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im wondering if it had been done to the 96. Eventually it will get a 0411 so not worried bout it right now. Same for the 98, have a bunch of parts wanna use on it lol.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my G35 I used a capacitor and a resistor on each 02 sensor to eliminate the codes. It was a 30 minute(including jacking up the car and putting it on stands to remove the 02s), $10 fix buying resistors and capacitors in bulk. I have my rear 02s in the exhaust with race cats. I modified the 02 sensor itself. A 1M ohm 1/4 watt resistor gets soldered in the signal wire between the 02 sensor and PCM. Then on the PCM side of the resistor a 1UF 35V tantalum capacitor gets soldered between the signal wire and signal ground wire. The resistor reduces the voltage peak and the capacitor makes the waveform wider by slowing the voltage rise and fall.

Last edited: