Flushing coolant in engine block?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I never said to use chemicals, I said to buy the little kit which has a fitting you splice in the heater hose line then hook a hose up to it to flush the whole system and fill with water and then keep draining until it is all clean.

Because you still end up fighting gravity, and you're not going to get it as clean.

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The way I did mine was to remove both hoses to the heater core and flush the one hose and the other as a drain till complete. Then I removed both radiator hoses and put a reducer on the lower hose to get a little pressure not much to flush the radiator of muck till complete. Then from the upper gose neck where the T'stat is remove the T'stat and insert the hose there and flush through the motor out of the lower hose connection till complete. I give at least 15mins per section or untill water is clear. Reassemble all connections + T'stat and fill at the radiator till complete , best of luck..

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Because you still end up fighting gravity, and you're not going to get it as clean.

Uhm I don't get your point? The fitting allows you to hook a hose up to be able to back wash the heater core which has more junk in it than the block and allows you to fill everything up easy to fill and flush the whole system with water until it runs clear, that is going to mean that all the crap in the block and system is gone.

89-Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uhm I don't get your point? The fitting allows you to hook a hose up to be able to back wash the heater core which has more junk in it than the block and allows you to fill everything up easy to fill and flush the whole system with water until it runs clear, that is going to mean that all the crap in the block and system is gone.

I used one of these years ago on my AMC Hornet and it worked great. :D