Floor Pans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gonna take my blue carpet up and put some black carpet down along with some sound deadener and wanna go ahead and make my floor pans “rust preventative”. How do I need to do this? Peel the paint? Scuff it up and spray?...

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gonna take my blue carpet up and put some black carpet down along with some sound deadener and wanna go ahead and make my floor pans “rust preventative”. How do I need to do this? Peel the paint? Scuff it up and spray?...

Somewhere somebody suggested farm equipment paint from the likes of "Tractor Supply" as a really good thick waterproof paint. I think they were planning on painting a frame with it but it might make a good starting point for a floor pan as well. Home depot sells a nice foil backed insulation that is a LOT cheaper than commercial sound deadener that might work in your floor. I used some in the roof of my old Dodge van with pretty good results.