Flip kit on C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieJC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1996 C3500 lowered 5/7 with c notch and helper bags. It was lowered when i got it . On the flip kit do they remove any leafs to get the better ride. Is that why you have the helper bags. Also are there any helper springs you can put on and off when towing a camper? Thanks

BowtieJC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
syndicate , not a smartass, good question. all I've pulled with this truck is my 24 foot pontoon boat that with trailer was about 4000 to 4500 lbs, and my 7x16 enclosed bike trailer. the camper were looking at has a dry weight of around 6000lbs and a hitch weight of about 600lbs. I'm just wandering if with it lowered with the overload springs out of it, if the helper bags would be enough.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
i just counted my leafs it has 6 in it. the thick short one is on the bottom

Sounds like you have the correct stock set! Should be 6 or 5+1 (+1 being your overload spring). If you have those and helper bags, you'll have no problem towing the load. :driver:

Is your truck a dually or single rear wheel?

BowtieJC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks guys , i feel better lol. its a dually, its the one in my profile pic or whatever you call the picture beside my name haha. does the flip kit make them ride less harsh, my brother had a 1998 c3500 all stock and the rear end was super stiff unloaded. mine doesn't ride stiff in the rear

Last edited:

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Right on! Thought it was a dually by the front wheels, but I couldn't see the bed in the picture. Nice truck!

Flip kits don't usually change the ride much at all...Shocks can make a big difference. Aftermarket shackles maybe can help/contribute?

You should be able to pull whatever your truck is rated for and maybe a hair more with helper bags. As long as you have some distance from the bumpstops it should ride nice.

Where are ya going camping?

Last edited: