Flat bed GMT400? Pics please, dont want to spend $1500 on a box!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
heres my old one
You must be registered for see images attach

Detroitpower

Reaction score
My old truck, parted out long ago but the bed is still running around on another truck

Another I was building but didnt finish

Some sick ones

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
some sick trucks in this thread makes me want a flatbed

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
My old truck, parted out long ago but the bed is still running around on another truck

That one turned out quite well! I think i may copy that design for my project just a lot less deck behind the rear wheels due to the chassis being cut down.

Detroitpower

Reaction score
That one turned out quite well! I think i may copy that design for my project just a lot less deck behind the rear wheels due to the chassis being cut down.

Thats as short as I could get it with the shackle flip. Truck used to be a longbed that I cut down. I had another basic flatbed on my current truck but put a southern bed on it now, although I dont think I have any pics I considered putting it back on and building some tube off of it. And I have one that Ive built for my gmt800 Ill look for pics of that too, a bit nicer because I tapered it at the back but its around 80" long so I could jam a spare tire under there.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Thats as short as I could get it with the shackle flip. Truck used to be a longbed that I cut down. I had another basic flatbed on my current truck but put a southern bed on it now, although I dont think I have any pics I considered putting it back on and building some tube off of it. And I have one that Ive built for my gmt800 Ill look for pics of that too, a bit nicer because I tapered it at the back but its around 80" long so I could jam a spare tire under there.

Oh really? So thats what my final bed length would be if i were to cut down to a few inches behind the rear shackle mount? I was planning leaving enough behind the shackle mount to allow for adding a flat plate of steel and a rectangular tubing rear bumper/cross member. the flat plate would be for a hidden winch mount. May move it as far ahead as possible before i run the risk of contact with the rear axle. How long was the bed roughly?