Flasher sounding constantly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macrain13

Reaction score
I have a 98 k1500 z71. My flasher is "clicking" constantly, when the key is turned on. None of the lights are flashing, just the sound of the flasher. It does not do it when I press the brake pedal and everything works properly otherwise, it's just annoying. I replaced the blinker arm assembly a few months ago with a "used" replacement I got for cheap from a junk yard. The hazard button was broken off. Just part of the plastic piece toward the top, it still rest in the disengage position correctly. I'm sure replacing the assembly again with fix it and I'm sure it has something to do with the hazard being broke off, so I'm looking for ideas other than than the obvious to stop this noise.

I've replaced the flasher, nothing changed. The fuse controls the blinkers as well as the hazard, so I can't leave the fuse out.

Does anyone have an idea of how to disable the hazard without messing up the blinkers? If there is no other solutions I will just replace the assembly, but would prefer a quick fix if possible.

Thanks

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
How did you remove the lever with the functions on it? You have newer style interior but figured its the same. I made a post about my problem, but it seems there is not much info on this area. My wipers won't turn off and sprayers won't work.

Macrain13

Reaction score
I removed the steering wheel and removed the column pieces. Everything worked fine for a while, then started clicking recently. Even though part of the hazard button is broke, in able to engage and disengage it just fine. I'm thinking it is a wiring issue somewhere down the line. Just don't know where to start.