Flagship One pcm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone try the Flagship One PAM'S. They say it's a plug n play.

Sorry, what is a "PAM"? When would one use one on a GMT400?

Or did you mean "PCM"? If so, what benefits does this "Flagship" PCM offer such that someone may have tried one? What problem does it solve / what feature does it provide?

Most of the talk around here is about the 411 PCM retrofit, AFAIK.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/12200411-411-pcm-swap.3389/

Last edited:

Agibson

Reaction score
Yes I mean pcm. I'm looking to see if they are any good before I order one to see if it fixes the problem with my 97 k3500

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks like it's just a refurbished PCM. What issues are you having that are causing you to think it's required? I think a failed PCM is a pretty rare occurrence. Tell us your issues and someone will lead you down what is most likely the correct path to fix your problem.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably the better thing for folks to do is refer to your prior post and comment, there.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like it's just a refurbished PCM. What issues are you having that are causing you to think it's required? I think a failed PCM is a pretty rare occurrence. Tell us your issues and someone will lead you down what is most likely the correct path to fix your problem.
I was wondering same thing. What is the issue? How have you concluded the pcm is bad?

Agibson

Reaction score
I'm having issues with stalling, spitting and sputtering, it will shut off and start back up with out touching the key while going down the road.
If I let it sit for a day or two it will run fine for about a minute than start acting up.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having issues with stalling, spitting and sputtering, it will shut off and start back up with out touching the key while going down the road.
If I let it sit for a day or two it will run fine for about a minute than start acting up.
And no codes?

Agibson

Reaction score
P1361 low voltage ignition control module. But when it first started no code I replaced distributor ,crankshaft position sensor ,fuel pressure regulator,coil, icm,, water temp sensor

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
it will shut off and start back up with out touching the key while going down the road.

I'd guess a couple cylinders are missing in a row, creating an audible pause. I highly doubt you're engine is shutting off, and then cranking over by itself. Being able to push/bump start an automatic ended with the rear pump Powerglide in the 60's.

I found this online:

P1361 - GM

TypePowertrain - Manufacturer Controlled DTC - Manufacturer Controlled
DescriptionIgnition Control Not Toggling After Enable Conditions
CauseEngine cranking, then the PCM detected that IC Control circuit 423 was open or that IC Bypass circuit 424 was open or grounded, or with the engine running, that the IC Control circuit was grounded

I'd say you either fried the ICM or you've got a wiring issue. Did you replace the ICM before, or after you started having problems? When my original ICM pooped out, the first replacement only lasted about a year..... maybe the 2nd one too.

I would never replace an OEM ICM "while I'm at it".