First time tach install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Silvi 1990

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys this is the first time ive put a tach in myself and it went in great. The only problem im having is finding a good reliable spot to ground it to and a good spot to splice into for the lights. It reads the revs perfectly until i feed it a ton pedal while in motion. Sittin still however it works fine all the way to redline. This is why i think its the ground.
You must be registered for see images attach

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
take a test light and see which wire on the headlight switch gets power when switch is turned on,for the ground look under dash where the coulum is attached the brace where its bolted to is a good ground

narizon

Reaction score
Like badazz said above,tapping into the headlight switch will due fine.I have mine like that.For the ground you can also tap right above the gas pedal.That plate is bolted/welded to the cab which should be grounded to the chassis.
With that Tach in place,doesn't it block your view of the MPH.I have a Sunpro mini just like that in my '89 & it works great.
You must be registered for see images attach