Finished double din install 1994 old square dash.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
They said it could not be done and keep the vents but here is the finished project. I painted it with black bedliner spraypaint for texture.......and because I can't seem to find the right color brown to match my dash. Otherwise this thing is done. All told the materials for it were very cheap. I used 2 center inserts, 2 tubes of plastic weld, Elmers wood glue, JB Weld, and time.....lots of time. I like what I have.....took me a long time and some serious planning to get this without compromising anything.

The vents work, the radio fits, and I think it looks great. I believe I am willing to make more for people if they want me too. I am still trying to decide on how much I would charge.....I think all told I spent about 2 weeks off and on doing this. If the weather had been on my side I could have done this in 3 or 4 days.

This was easier than I thought it would be. If I can do this anyone can do this. There is minimal cutting of the dash and where you do cut after installing the insert you cannot see the cuts. Going back to a single din after this is simply buying an original un-modified insert and simply putting it in........take 2 seconds to go from my design to an original.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bearsthetruck

Reaction score
You are the man!
First one I've seen done and it is clean as ever. I'd pay in a heartbeat.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Looks good. I like the gauges above. What's in the radio delete pickle?

Sent from Robl@nd

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
The gauge where the radio was is a leveler from a Diahatsu Rocky. I made a mount for it and put it there. It si coming out soon for some light switches for my backup, fog and flood lights.

I can make more of these is anyone is interested. There is some cutting that has to be done to the dash but you would never know it was cut. I have another thread on here where I posted my pics and how I did this. It is the......... Anyone do a double din on a 94 or older dash......

Driven Nashville has a similar insert they can custom make and they are charging $250 for theirs. At this time I do not know what I would be charging but it would be less now that I know what to do. The hard part is getting the supplies. Mostly I would be going to the junkyard to get what I need. It takes two regular inserts to make the one for the double din.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
Thank you all. I am planning on doing another one......and if more people ask I might make a few of them to sell.