Finally get my BELLTECH 2/4 drop!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you use coils or spindles up front? Let us know how the Bell Tech gear holds up. I hear so much good, bad, and ugly about various manufacturers. Figure when people see failures, it's probably because they goofed the install or are running redonkulous 26" rims.

Super Silvi 1990

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used the BellTech 2inch drop spindels up front and their mount relocation kit in the rear which lowers it 4inches getting it level and not at a the hot rod rake also i used their entry level drop shocks so far it is great. The only problem ive had was the front tires hitting my fenders inner lip but i fixed that. Clearance is still good enough that i could drive over a curb if i needed to or in the snow. Its summer now so it hasnt rained hard enough to see if i need to get my sheilds back in. my front tires looked pushed out when i first sat it down but the measurements where the same when i got it lined up. What i did find out is that fenders on the bed are a couple inches wider than the front and it gives it that illusion. the front tapers in like so /\.

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used the BellTech 2inch drop spindels up front and their mount relocation kit in the rear which lowers it 4inches getting it level and not at a the hot rod rake also i used their entry level drop shocks so far it is great. The only problem ive had was the front tires hitting my fenders inner lip but i fixed that. Clearance is still good enough that i could drive over a curb if i needed to or in the snow. Its summer now so it hasnt rained hard enough to see if i need to get my sheilds back in. my front tires looked pushed out when i first sat it down but the measurements where the same when i got it lined up. What i did find out is that fenders on the bed are a couple inches wider than the front and it gives it that illusion. the front tapers in like so /\.
And the nice thing about using just spindles, is that you don't have to get an alignment. Trucks look'n good.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sweet 2/4 drop i heard alot of belltech and my uncle had an old school western chassi he baught back in the day brand new never used sense in the late 90's 4/6 was the way to go so he did that with some colorado custom wheels, and forgot about his 2/4 and then i bought if off him.

Super Silvi 1990

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah its nice for right now im going to keep it this way so i can run autocross in it during the summer but later on when i get my camaro up and running ill get a set off slam specialty bags so i can drop it into the weeds like my sig pic.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And the nice thing about using just spindles, is that you don't have to get an alignment. Trucks look'n good.

still recommended

Super Silvi 1990, Lookin good! I like the moldings and badged on your truck. normally I like the debadged look but its really nice to see something different and your truck can pull it off!

Super Silvi 1990

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man at first i was going to strip them off but here in Oklahoma everyone runs there truck with the badges striped off. So i cleaned them up with some tire shine (Back to Black) and a buffer and it looks great. The black with chrome rims dont hurt eighter.