Figuring out topper manufacturer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jermu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I need a little help with figuring out what brand my camper shell is. I bought it about a week ago and haven't managed to find any names or anything on it, yet anyway. There were some marks on the rear portion of some badges, but the stickers themselves are long gone, all that's left is a little bit of old adhesive and the shape left by sun. I don't have a pic of that yet, but I'll try and get it tomorrow. Any help or insight would be much appreciated. Oh, and pardon me for the dirty truck

You must be registered for see images attach

Jermu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also suggestions for the gas struts and their strength for the tail lid would be very helpful, I'm guessing around 100-150 Newtons when using two? There's only one left in it and it's very tired...

Jermu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the sunfades around the long gone emblem on the driver side, the passenger side has a same kinda spot but it's not half as clear.

My father says that the cap very much resemblems one of the more expensive model LEER toppers of the day when these things were new, but I dunno, that logo seems like it holds more writing than just those 4 letters...

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also suggestions for the gas struts and their strength for the tail lid would be very helpful, I'm guessing around 100-150 Newtons when using two? There's only one left in it and it's very tired...

My rule of thumb for struts on camper shell doors: I want it to lift me off the ground when I open the door.......

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It could be a LEER manufactured for the Leonard brand, that's what I believe is on my truck currently; my brother has the exact same topper and it's badged as a Leonard.