Fiberglass repairs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
I bought my Snugtop tonneau used off of Clist and am ready to get it painted but several body men have looked at it and said it isn't worth fixing? There is an area towards the cab that has bubbled under the paint, meaning some moisture has penetrated the fiberglass.

Is this repairable? I have taken it to two different body men who both said they would warranty the work if they were to fix it. Should I be taking it to a shop that does fiberglass repair specifically?

I guess if need be I could sell the one I have but a new one is in the $1200 range for a lord or a new Snugtop in the same style. Any opinion or suggestions from anyone here would be greatly appreciated.

You can sort of see the bubbling I mentioned in this pic by the cab on the drivers side.
You must be registered for see images attach

In this pic you can see where the reflection is blurred on the drivers side by the edge over the wheel well, it is not bubbling but looks like a line is visible where the fiberglass needs to be built up.
You must be registered for see images attach

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would either talk to a boat shop they work in fiberglass on a regular basis or a place that deals with corvette restorations