Fender well headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HellRAIZR93

Reaction score
Evening folks

Just wondered if anyone ever ran fender well headers on these trucks? Mines 93 k1500 Z71, N.A. SBC... Just wondering the hurdles you had to concur. Is there prebuilt set's or would it be best To just build a set.

Please keep the respect with the comments and replies! I have reasons for the setup I'm researching!

Thank you in advance

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That would require removing the inner fender wells. A bunch of under the hood parts are attached to the inner fender wells... such as the battery tray, wiring harnesses, air ducting.
Then there's the whole 4x4 offroad truck and keeping mud, snow, water, etc. off the engine.

I suppose it's possible, no one I know has tried it though. Give it a try, and throw up some pics!

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never seen any. What engine?

Why fenderwell headers? I can look at some likely candidates tomorrow at work.

Summit has 15 listed for my blazer, I'd never heard of this type before today. If you have to remove the inner liner that's a ton of effort and I can't see the gain.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have messed with them in other applications like old Mopars, usually you give up tire clearance and turn radius to make room for tubes in the fenderwell. It that apploication it only makes sense for a drag car. There are other solutions available for these trucks.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds awful tbh. I'm hunting some long tubes for mine, not having much luck yet.