Fender Flare Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do all fender flares from any application work on the 88-98 CK trucks. I am thinking about going to a Pick N Pull to get some factory ones from a suburban or tahoe to put on my 1996 GMC Stepside...

If anyone has done this, feel free to show off the pics!

Thanks,

Jeff

illinoisboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im pretty sure that a- the step sides dont have stock looking or many aftermarket flares. B- the 4dr tahoes dont work either

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Yeah. I dont think the step sides have an option for flares.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Factory flares dont work on stepsides, prosho has a set of aftermarket flares on his

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's too bad...no one has ever got them to work with modification. Do they just not fit the wheel well or do they not sit flush on top because of the curves of the bed?

Prosho...post up your stepside flares!

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
The only flare I have ever seen for a Stepside truck are the Extend-a-Fender from Bushwacker. Any of the other flares don't fit because if the extra length needed to wrap around the opening of the fender for the steps. I don't have close up photos, but here is what mine look like.

You must be registered for see images attach

it is the same exact reason you see the GMT400 duallys with the flare only on the front fender, they don't make any that form fit to the stepside.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those look great. If that is the only optiOn I will have to start searching.

Thanks for posting.