FastOrange Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
For $20.00? What the hey. But not unless your back to work. Better spent towards gas or oil. Or a couple o' brewskis Saturday night. No hookers tho'.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
For $20.00? What the hey. But not unless your back to work. Better spent towards gas or oil. Or a couple o' brewskis Saturday night. No hookers tho'.
:lol:, im gonna wait till tomorrow, if my work phones, ill go get covers, if not, gas money.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I've got an idea. (UH-OH!) How often do you carry a passenger? Whip the passenger seat out, & break it down into the two pieces. Backrest & cushion. Twist or cut off the 'hog rings'. The little wire thingies holding the cover to the frame. Put the seat back together & put it back in the truck. Cover it with a blanket or sheet. Send me the covers on the bus, & I'll whip up two new seat skins. 99% of the time, I use the passenger seat for a pattern, anyhow, as it's the one with the least wear. Talk REAL nice to your neighbour, Mr. Z., and maybe he'll give you a quikie lesson in installing them. Black? In stock! Got a favourite tattoo, or a logo of some kind? Maybe I could work that into the design. Probably less than a hundred $ in materials. Plus the bus fare to send 'em. You get NEW seats, & I get braggin' rights. Could take about a week from the time you pull 'em out, till you re-install.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I've got an idea. (UH-OH!) How often do you carry a passenger? Whip the passenger seat out, & break it down into the two pieces. Backrest & cushion. Twist or cut off the 'hog rings'. The little wire thingies holding the cover to the frame. Put the seat back together & put it back in the truck. Cover it with a blanket or sheet. Send me the covers on the bus, & I'll whip up two new seat skins. 99% of the time, I use the passenger seat for a pattern, anyhow, as it's the one with the least wear. Talk REAL nice to your neighbour, Mr. Z., and maybe he'll give you a quikie lesson in installing them. Black? In stock! Got a favourite tattoo, or a logo of some kind? Maybe I could work that into the design. Probably less than a hundred $ in materials. Plus the bus fare to send 'em. You get NEW seats, & I get braggin' rights. Could take about a week from the time you pull 'em out, till you re-install.

only problem is, i have heard that the foam is attached to the covers on these seats, but ill double check. Sounds like a awesome idea!

I would have to wait till i got a bit of cash saved up (Got a couple bills to pay). but shouldn't take too long at all, if i go back to my regular work schedule.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The foam may be glued to the covers. Not a big deal. Use a razor knife and work slow. Kinda like skinning a moose.
Give me a heads up a couple of days ahead of time, so I can make sure I have no distractions.
Hey, if your building motors & working on suspensions, seats are a piece of cake! One more feather in your cap. I've done this for several of my friends that are on a budget. You're the one doing most of the work!

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
The foam may be glued to the covers. Not a big deal. Use a razor knife and work slow. Kinda like skinning a moose.
Give me a heads up a couple of days ahead of time, so I can make sure I have no distractions.
Hey, if your building motors & working on suspensions, seats are a piece of cake! One more feather in your cap. I've done this for several of my friends that are on a budget. You're the one doing most of the work!
:lol: Skinning a Moose, I can relate to that!

it will probably be in a couple weeks, ill give you a heads up!