FastOrange Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Alright, most of you know my truck, for those that dont, here are the basics

I bought the truck in 2008, It had a 4.3L and a 4L60E Trans, and was 4/6 on 20's.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

The 4.3 just was not me, anyone that knows me in person, would know how much im into performance and old school muscle, so the 4.3 HAD to go, it got replaced with a 375HP 350SBC, with Vortec Heads, Scorpion Roller Rockers, Comp 287 Cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM and now has a Demon 650 on it.

Getting Installed

Fresh Install

And now

The 4L60E could not take the heat, So i went to one of my good buddies, and pulled a TH350C out of his shed, it had been sitting for 10+ Years, It is a TH350C from a 1980 C10 with a 350 Olds Diesel, Multi-Fit Case.

Just Picked Up:

Turns out somewhere along its life, Someone turned the TH350C (Lockup) into a Full Fledged TH350 (Non-Lockup)

After I was done with the TH350, it had a 3500 Stall, B&M Shift Kit, New Kickdown Cable and of course new filter/gasket

During Install:

I Drove around for a couple months without a Kickdown Cable hooked up, i couldn't handle it anymore, so i fabbed up a bracket.

Now that i had a strong engine and trans combo, i had to work on my lame 20" wheels, Again i went to my buddy whom i got the TH350, he works at a local wreckers that specializes in GMT400's. turns out, a rolled over truck had a set of 73-87 rally's, so $150 and a vacuum gauge later, i was out the door with 4 OOBS Rallys and rear tires, i then borrowed a set of front tires from my dad and i was in business.

So that brings everyone upto speed, Today i started to tackle the Interior, He is a Before and After from today.

Before:

and after:

As you can see, the seats are very sad, I have tracked down a set of 95-98 Buckets that are Grey, so im hoping to get these, Ill update this as i go!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Ok, to start off, I envy your ability to have such a clean looking a/c delete bracket....not one of the gawdy/cheap aftermarket ones. Also, those 73-87 rallye wheels....those are the standard steelies or was there a specific model/package that came with them? If standard, I might have ya a few hundred spare rims :evillol:

Nice truck as always, but the deletion of the color-matched dash...."Le Sigh". I actually thought it looked pretty neat like it was, but I didnt have to see it everyday, so it probably got old fast eh?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Ok, to start off, I envy your ability to have such a clean looking a/c delete bracket....not one of the gawdy/cheap aftermarket ones. Also, those 73-87 rallye wheels....those are the standard steelies or was there a specific model/package that came with them? If standard, I might have ya a few hundred spare rims :evillol:

Nice truck as always, but the deletion of the color-matched dash...."Le Sigh". I actually thought it looked pretty neat like it was, but I didnt have to see it everyday, so it probably got old fast eh?

the Rally's are NOT the steel wheels

they should like this, in the proper color and rings/caps

You must be registered for see images

That AC Delete bracket is the factory piece, my truck has never had AC

The dash looked horrible in person, i painted it awhile ago, the orange was actually turning green, guess it was the cheap $1 paint i used.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Oh I've seen those wheels!!!!!

I dont see a single factory a/c delete bracket on any of the engines in the barn........this stinks.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Oh I've seen those wheels!!!!!

I dont see a single factory a/c delete bracket on any of the engines in the barn........this stinks.
Ive actually had two of them now, my second set had a brand new bracket on it.

Yup, the wheels are the "Rallys", Came on K10's, C10's, K5's, and Vans, My fronts are very rare 15x6.5 Van rallys, and the rears are 15x8 C10's

BIG MAC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IIRC I paid $130 for my leather seats, console , overhead console and compass mirror. I pretty much stole them! I used SEM spray dye http://www.levineautoparts.com/sem-vinyl-paint.html use the "color coat" for plastic and vinyl and the "classic coat" for leather.

Works really well. Went from these:

To this:

Proper prep is the key. PREP PREP and more PREP!!!!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Proper prep is the key. PREP PREP and more PREP!!!!

YES, Yes, & YES!!!

I use TSP to prep interior parts, followed by LOTS o rinsing. I also use 'Vinyl Prep' just before spraying. (I've been told that you can use de-mineralized spirits, although I have never used this) Softens the top layer of vinyl slightly so that the dye can soak in, as opposed to just sitting on top of the vinyl. The dye then re-hardens the vinyl so that it doesn't have that sticky dyed feel to it. If your just using black, straight out of the spray-bomb is fine. Custom colors can be mixed & put into regular spray bombs by any major chain parts store or auto paint supplier that has the technology.Like any paint job, several LIGHT coats are better than 1 or 2 heavy ones. You can't sand out the drips on vinyl.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Sewlow, have you ever tried to dye cloth? cause i actualley dont mind my seats now, but i tried dyeing them and well, that happened. lol