FastOrange Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Was bored tonight ans have never gotten vids of my truck, so figured, why the hell not. Figured i might as well share.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Sewlow, have you ever tried to dye cloth? cause i actualley dont mind my seats now, but i tried dyeing them and well, that happened. lol

Dying cloth can be a *****. I don't recommend it. Especially for a customer that's paying. It'll come back to haunt me.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, the only way I can think of actually dying cloth correctly is the same procedure used to dye cloth and wool and all that kind of stuff. It has to do with a dye vat, an oven, and patience I think....I'll ask a friend of mine that dyes cloth sheeting and see what she recommends. I know it's not a spray dye, it's actually a vat of dye, like used back in the day.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yeah, the only way I can think of actually dying cloth correctly is the same procedure used to dye cloth and wool and all that kind of stuff. It has to do with a dye vat, an oven, and patience I think....I'll ask a friend of mine that dyes cloth sheeting and see what she recommends. I know it's not a spray dye, it's actually a vat of dye, like used back in the day.

Sounds like the same process as dying leather. A spray will just sit on top of the fabric & because the fabric moves on itself, there will always be parts that you can't get to until it's used. Then all the parts of the fabric that were not exposed to the dye will show up.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, she just mentioned that it depends on the materials used: protein fibers(wool, silk), cellulose fibers(cotton, plant fiber), or synthetic fibers....can't dye synthetic fibers as they are usually dyed before the extrusion process (they are a filament) when in a liquid form.

Sooo, if it's velour, then hopefully the "fuzzy fibers"(what you feel) and exterior fiber(flat part of cloth exterior) are natural fibers. If they're synthetic, ya might as well just order new covers, or good used ones in the specific color desired.

But when it comes to knowing what the fibers are made of, that's completely out of my league lol.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yeah, she just mentioned that it depends on the materials used: protein fibers(wool, silk), cellulose fibers(cotton, plant fiber), or synthetic fibers....can't dye synthetic fibers as they are usually dyed before the extrusion process (they are a filament) when in a liquid form.

Sooo, if it's velour, then hopefully the "fuzzy fibers"(what you feel) and exterior fiber(flat part of cloth exterior) are natural fibers. If they're synthetic, ya might as well just order new covers, or good used ones in the specific color desired.

But when it comes to knowing what the fibers are made of, that's completely out of my league lol.

Man-made fiber is as tough as nails. Lasts damn near forever & is easy to clean. UV stable. Doesn't hold the stains, & that's why it won't hold dye. Natural fibers are easy to dye, but holds stains. Won't take very much abuse. Extended sunshine will kill it.