Fan shroud issues with new alumarad.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kemo sabe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a new radiator from alumarad.
This one: http://www.alumorad.com/chevy-pickup-new-all-aluminum-radiator-19-04.html

And the fan shroud I have is too small. I tried to snug it up to get the bolts for the shroud to mount but it was too tight and ended up breaking as well as messing up some fins on the rad.

Is there a larger fan shroud that would fit right? I was thinking maybe one off a 454 or 3500 might be bigger? Any input would be helpful. Thanks

Here's where the shroud broke trying to pull it up tight
You must be registered for see images attach

And this is where the shroud pushed in some of the fins:
You must be registered for see images attach

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah you need the shroud for a 34 inch wide core radiatior, like a lot of the later 95+ 1/2 ton's and all the 2500 and 3500 350 SBC gas truck's have, also some 94 and down's have them as well, it just depends on the truck.

kemo sabe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah you need the shroud for a 34 inch wide core radiatior, like a lot of the later 95+ 1/2 ton's and all the 2500 and 3500 350 SBC gas truck's have, also some 94 and down's have them as well, it just depends on the truck.

Cool thanks. I was hoping you would post. Since I thought you also had the alumarad.

kemo sabe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where's the best place to order the upper and lower shrouds? I found some places from google search, but the reviews sound like they are a big hassle.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
if you upgraded to the flex light fans, they come with a shroud

kemo sabe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you upgraded to the flex light fans, they come with a shroud

How hard are they to install? Will i need a different size belt, and do they require any extra wiring or anything? Also, is flex light the brand? Where's the best place to get them? What's the benefit of them too? Sorry for all the questions I just need to know what I'm gettin into. Thanks.