Factory radio install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigboychevy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh holy hell, that's your blower motor relays making THAT awful racket :rofl: time for some new relays!!

The light blue/dark blue/brown/yellow wires are your rear speakers, the gray and tan wires are the left front, I'm not seeing the light and dark green right front speaker wires. CDM power is absent as well in those photos. Your photo of the convenience center looks about normal to me tho. No idea what that cut wire is to the screw, just that it's not factory lol
I think this is the CDM power in the first picture. I don’t know what the light green and green wires are for. Thanks so it’s the relay making that sound lol, yeah it has been awful to listen to

Attachments

• AFD2BF0C-50B3-4F86-8048-955DD7D61474.jpeg
    AFD2BF0C-50B3-4F86-8048-955DD7D61474.jpeg
    251.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 5F3994F2-856A-4FFD-B33D-DECAB6431660.jpeg
    5F3994F2-856A-4FFD-B33D-DECAB6431660.jpeg
    265.4 KB · Views: 12

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Light/dark green are your right front speaker.
Orange: battery
Yellow: accessory power
Gray: lighting
Brown: display dimming
Black: ground

Hmmmm well at least that connector is still there, you could just splice those wires back on and call it even if you wanted to do it simple.

bigboychevy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Light/dark green are your right front speaker.
Orange: battery
Yellow: accessory power
Gray: lighting
Brown: display dimming
Black: ground

Hmmmm well at least that connector is still there, you could just splice those wires back on and call it even if you wanted to do it simple.
That’s exactly what I’m gonna do thank you so much man! Where is the blower relay by the way is it behind the glove box?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Yeah there are three relays back behind the glove box, two are for the blower and one is for the A/C clutch.. For their age, I'd just replace all three... Relays are cheap. Behind that a little deeper is the blower fan resistor pack, for future reference.

Also if that doesn't fix the buzzing, then the issue could possibly be a loose ground as well... I also wonder about this due to the display flashing when it was trying to engage the relays... That's not normal either. Check above the Data Link Connector, there should be a ground point somewhere around there you might check and see if it's loose.

Last edited:

bigboychevy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah there are three relays back behind the glove box, two are for the blower and one is for the A/C clutch.. For their age, I'd just replace all three... Relays are cheap. Behind that a little deeper is the blower fan resistor pack, for future reference.
Cool thank you dude, I’m gonna splice those wires tomorrow and get the relays, I ordered the plug already for the rest of the speakers so I might still try to get them all, we will see. I’ll update you on my progress, you’re the GOAT (greatest of all time)

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Np - I edited my post up there, something else you might want to look into before firing the parts cannon on relays lol (not that it would hurt, but yeah)... I often think of further things after hitting "post" :rofl:

bigboychevy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Np - I edited my post up there, something else you might want to look into before firing the parts cannon on relays lol (not that it would hurt, but yeah)... I often think of further things after hitting "post" :rofl:
Bro I been trying to get those relays loose but they are on there really good and I don’t wanna push too hard. Is there something I’m doing wrong? I push up on that clip but it’s still not coming out, you have any tips on getting the relays out?

Attachments

• 96EB0F81-2035-4FE7-B568-6BB28B0D019D.jpeg
    96EB0F81-2035-4FE7-B568-6BB28B0D019D.jpeg
    356.7 KB · Views: 12

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
yeah they can be on pretty tight, the connector terminals do not want to let go easily. I broke all the "retainer" clips off mine, the relays I put in there didn't have anything for them to latch to anyway. They're not gonna come detached from the connectors once you put them on, so don't worry too much about breaking the tabs off.

redshift

Reaction score
I also made a video of the buzzing AC sound here it is:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'm seeing blank space where the vid should be. Any chance you could repost it, or post a link? I'd love to access it so I can compare it to the sound that my blower is making. I've assumed it was the motor, but would be a lot cheaper if it turned out to be a relay. BTW, my control panel will also occasionally show the flashing arrows. I have no idea what thats trying to tell me.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Re your radio project. I strongly suggest that you test your speakers before reinstalling . The old Delco speakers tend to be crap. On my truck all were open and would make no sound at all. This may have happened to your previous owner when he took the radio out. The radio could be bad or it could have bad speakers or both. Suggest finding an audio source or at least brush the leads from a small battery on your speaker wires and listen for a click. Either way you need to make sure the speakers work before going to the trouble of installing a radio.