Factory fog light wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turboweasel

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Next to my instrument cluster in my 95 suburban, I have 3 electrical plugs taped to the harness. One of them fits a fog light switch I have. The background light works when i turn the lights on and the orange indicator lights up when I push the switch. The truck dont have factory fog lights, but does anyone know If the wiring is in the truck? I cant hear relays clicking or anything, but thougt some of it might be in the truck since the plugs are there and the switch work.

1999gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know, but I hope mine has some of the wiring. I just picked up a factory switch and panel out of a Denali to get rid of my aftermarket switch.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I've never really looked into it, as the pickups I've owned have never had extra wiring there. It seems that the SUVs had the combination of plugs there for all the rear options (barn door VS liftglass) for wipers and such.

Now that I own a suburban, I should investigate this further.

Turboweasel

Reaction score
BoxerPitMix: Hahah that's funny.

I have 6 aftermarket switches and I want to swap as many as possible out for factory ones.

This is what the plugs look like. One is for fog switch, the second fits cargo lamp switch. Dont know what the third one is for.

You must be registered for see images attach

tinfoil_hat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The one on the bottom could be... 4x4 switch? I just opened that panel on my burb and that's the only one I see like that. But mine is black, ten pins.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
the green pig tail came with my fog light switch i bought from Cokeman95, my '98 didn't come with it, or fog lights....the cargo light (middle position)in my truck was taped yellow and my AIR BAG switch(bottom position) is beige. my bezel was blank on the top of the vertical stack.... i know the push button 4x4 trucks are in the horizontal double switches to the right of the steering wheel, mine are blank as i have a lever on the floor.

here's a link that may help: http://www.gmt400.com/threads/tech-every-possible-dash-switch-for-gmt400-trucks.15803/

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
the green pig tail came with my fog light switch i bought from Cokeman95, my '98 didn't come with it, or fog lights....the cargo light (middle position)in my truck was taped yellow and my AIR BAG switch(bottom position) is beige. my bezel was blank on the top of the vertical stack.... i know the push button 4x4 trucks are in the horizontal double switches to the right of the steering wheel, mine are blank as i have a lever on the floor.

here's a link that may help: http://www.gmt400.com/threads/tech-every-possible-dash-switch-for-gmt400-trucks.15803/

Close... but all wiring to do with airbags has yellow looming and yellow friction tape over it. The yellow is not for the cargo switch.