F*** Mice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When we were looking for the new wifey-mobile a few years back, I popped the hood of a 'Certified Pre-Owned' Acura to find this rat mess. Apparently they love to chew on the wiring of these newer Japanese cars?

Needless to say we did not purchase this POS
Another example that shows that certified vehicles are a joke. My certified Lincoln had bad DRL’s that cost $1600 to replace. The entire headlight assembly needed to be replaced. The dealers checklist didn’t cover it.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Another example that shows that certified vehicles are a joke. My certified Lincoln had bad DRL’s that cost $1600 to replace. The entire headlight assembly needed to be replaced. The dealers checklist didn’t cover it.
Oh they knew about it, trust me! At least the dealership I used to work for would fix/replace what was needed. That, or send it to auction.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I worked at two dealerships. The first was on the up-and-up and would either fix it, or wholesale it. The second would polish a turd if they thought they could make a buck. I always documented the work the cars needed, and I don't know that any customer ever asked to see the inspection sheet.

F4U-1A

G-Damn Blackfly season coming.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mice!!! EEE GAD the scourge of country living. I digress. Have posted this before. I set traps in the engine bay for my rides spring, summer, and fall. Unt check them daily, yes DAILY. The Chevy clutch chews them up, my JK not so lucky, the clutch got Bitched. One year (circa 2006 ???) they were so bad, I had to remove the Garter snakes from the engine bay feeding on them. Snakes are my friends here. What was I going to say, Oh ya. Good Times.
You must be registered for see images attach

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
YES on the bucket traps, if you have the space. Rodent infestation is a popular topic on the RV forum I frequent. And the drowning portion of the trap can be filled with antifreeze instead of water, so it won’t freeze if set up during the winter and also has a preservation effect to keep the dead critters from stinking if left for a few weeks.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
I only had a mouse get into my truck once I found out were it got in. Right by the blower motor there's a cable that runs through the firewall and the grommet likes to wiggle out all the time everytime we had one of these trucks come in and the customer mention mice I'd go directly to that wire/cable I think it's for the entena but not sure anyways 10times out 10 that rubber grommet was out of its place it's a real pain to get it back into place. If you want to make life easier take out your inner wheel well and take off your front passenger tire I put a healthy amount of gasket maker around the edges and pull the rubber grommet back into place and no more mice.

Last edited: