Experience with battery maintainers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello, I am about to buy a new AGM type battery as my yellow top Optima has died after 10 year's and this time I am going to buy a battery maintainer like the Battery Tender, etc, what I wanted to know is if anyone has experience with them good or bad, let me know. Thanks

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was going throgh a battery about every 2 years than i finally got a Battery Tender JR I think I payed around $40 for it from Summit. My truck sits for months at a time and always starts when I need it to.

rico

Reaction score
Hey Guy's how does that work ! can you post pic's ?

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its easy, you pop the hood, or whatever, put the things on it, plug it in and walk away, use them for 4wheelers all the time, tried it on the truck a few times, but the battery is just shot (on the blue truck, fuel pumps bad and havent had a whole lot of time to get it fixed, its ruined the battery jumping it so much to move it around)

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will probably end up buying the battery tender plus, it look's to be a good unit.

jonny01blaze

Reaction score
Do it and never look back. Any vehicle I've ever stored or piece of equipment that has a battery goes on one of these. Starts everytime and has saved countless dollars from not having to replace a battery.

rico

Reaction score
COOL ! , I will be going to Auto Zone and see what they have available .