Exhaust $$$$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
For the best setup I would not recommend shorties, I have them and wish i would have gone with long tubes in the first place. I would go with Hooker 2462 headers ($225 for the painted version) and then have a shop fab up the rest of the system for me. I'd go with either 2.25" or 2.5" pipe for duals. You can get either Magnaflow or Thunderbolt high flow cats if you need them or just ditch the cats. Then an X or H pipe shortly after the cats to your mufflers of choice and then out to tips. Thrush welded mufflers sound really good to me and are pretty cheap. Good luck and keep us posted!

Askme42

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the best setup I would not recommend shorties, I have them and wish i would have gone with long tubes in the first place. I would go with Hooker 2462 headers ($225 for the painted version) and then have a shop fab up the rest of the system for me. I'd go with either 2.25" or 2.5" pipe for duals. You can get either Magnaflow or Thunderbolt high flow cats if you need them or just ditch the cats. Then an X or H pipe shortly after the cats to your mufflers of choice and then out to tips. Thrush welded mufflers sound really good to me and are pretty cheap. Good luck and keep us posted!

This was kind of my thought everyone kept saying shorties but I plan on going with long headers.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
The shorties were fairly easy to install, but if you get cheaper ones like mine and the cheap Jegs offroad y-pipe they dont fit too well and are prone to leaks. Longtubes with the rest of the system build by a shop would fit and flow better

ChevyDude84

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been looking at my exhaust as well... which offroad y pipe are you guys getting/recommend? I seen a couple variations of them. I plan to do longtubes as well into a y pipe, and then have the whole piping go into 2.5 in (get rid of that section 1/8 piping before the cats

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
get the Y that matches your longtubes... there are a LOT of different connection methods.