Exhaust $$$$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Askme42

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok I'm getting everything replaced headers and all. I worked a few days of my vacation to pay for this and ended up with about $800 in the budget. I have no clue what this is gonna run me. I just want a nice dual set up basic headers and black tips. Don't want to piss anyone off with it I'd like it fairly quite just cruising but I want ppl to know if I get on it. Is this gonna eat up my whole budget or am I gonna be able to do more projects with this money?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
It should be easily doable with that budget. If it were me, I'd get a nice set of shorty headers, an "offroad" y pipe, and a nice muffler of your choice then have an exhaust shop run all the rest of the piping.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
X2 ^^what he said.

Shop around fer the best priced stuff. Buy it yerself, then have the shop weld whatz needed to be welded. Therez alot of good info here about what to get and where to get it.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I'm putting in my mandatory hooker aerochamber muffler plug, because I believe they are gods gift to mufflers...

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I like the flow master super 44 I just got. It's not obnoxious but when you get on it it sounds good. And I got it on eBay for less than $80 shipped. So just shop around until you find something you like

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To the OP, with an $800 dollar budget you will easily be able to come in under the budget. If you want something that's going to be fairly quite at cruise but growl when you get on it, I would check out into a Chambered muffler such as a Thrush Welded or a Flowmaster. A word from the wise, you will experience cab drone with a good percentage of chambered mufflers. You could also look into a glasspack with a long case length (24"+), this would also possibly give you the exhaust note your after! As for headers, a good set of shorty headers will do the trick. I know Hooker will have scratch and dent models that can be had fairly cheap. Summits eBay store will have these from time to time.

Are you planning on running a set of high flow cats or reusing factory cats? If you plan on running aftermarket cats, that will eat up a good chunk of change in a hurry as will headers. Now if your planning on running true duals, I'd say go with 2.5" piping. You may also want to add an X or H pipe in there as well, they aren't 100% necessary but they sure do not hurt to have. Tips are just preference, but stainless is always a good idea for tips!

I'm putting in my mandatory hooker aerochamber muffler plug, because I believe they are gods gift to mufflers...

You need to elaborate on this muffler!! I've been interested in it since it debuted!

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
$42 shipping that's insane!!!!

Ebay charges fees based on the sale price, not the shipping price. So you're basically paying $100 for the headers, and 15 for shipping, and the seller saves $5 in fees.