Exhaust opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Well guys I'm getting tired of my stock exhaust, and don't know much about them, so i thought i would ask 'round here.

I want a nice deep rumble at idle, but something that sounds awesome when accelerating. Should i just go pick up a Flowmaster at O'reillys? Can't go just pipes, it would be too loud and illegal, and i have to keep the Cat, since Texas requires them. Advance Autoparts also has a "High-flow" cat, does it make any difference in sound?

My buddy Martin is running Straight pipes, no cats on his Chevy (truck pictured here) and he told me he gets pulled over all the time, so that is out of the question.

Thanks in advance!

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i have a flowmaster 40 that sounds awesome on my truck i have about 230 into my whole exhaust but thats because i had to buy welding wire to weld stainless ill see what i can do about a video

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would vote for a Flowmaster 40 also, and if you are still running the original huge old style convertor then I would suggest replacing it with an aftermarket hi flow unit, it will sound better and flow more. Also I don't know about where you live, but right now those large covertor's are bringing $120-150 at the scrap metal places. It would help fund you new exhaust.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I would vote for a Flowmaster 40 also, and if you are still running the original huge old style convertor then I would suggest replacing it with an aftermarket hi flow unit, it will sound better and flow more. Also I don't know about where you live, but right now those large covertor's are bringing $120-150 at the scrap metal places. It would help fund you new exhaust.

Yeah I know first-hand that they must be worth something since my CC got stolen off my old Durango :lol:. Ill start looking around.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I pull them off and sell them everytime I buy a truck before I go have the new exhaust put on. Plus I love the drive to the muffler shop with nothing but manifold's!

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey jd my votes for magnaflow bro, I always loved flowmaster, but my truck had magnaflow DI/DO with stock piping when I bought it and it sounds amazing, I'm 100% a magnaflow guy now. Plus magnaflow has a straight through design, while flows use baffles inside the can not too much of a big deal but more flow the better. Not to mention I camp out at SPI atleast 4-5 times during the summer, and the can has held up great against the salty elements out there.

Hears a sound clip for you:
You must be registered for see images attach

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the rev up sound of a Mangaflow, but I don't care for the popping almost glasspack sound when the revs drop off. I had the same complaint when I had one put on our last burb. Anyway that may be just me.