Exhaust Gurus?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the lake pipes are something different. kinda nice to see. nut my truck has a second 02 out put jut no sensor hooked up, but i think the headers would fix it all. does the truck have any cats?

MikeRWK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I solved the problem i had a stupid moment lol the po put the 02 sensor waayyyy downstream i installed my flowtech headers put the 02 in one and all is good

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
:lol:

And most retarded saying of the day goes too....

And you have what facts to prove me wrong? :read:

Show me an increase in peak hp, and I'll show you a drop in off-idle torque. It's all a tradeoff. On a stock engine, let alone a stock swirl port TBI engine, the OEM manifolds and y pipe are by FAR the best solution for economy and drivability.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
Yes, because a 32v modular Ford engine is equivalent to a smog-era TBI headed 5.7. :rofljest:

Lol, don't be that gullible dude. It's widely known what a stock TBI engine is capable of, and what it's not. They're so vastly different than even an LSx engine you can't compare the two, let alone a 32v 4.6L. The heads are the main drawback. Their design simply isn't efficient enough to even take advantage of headers when you factor in cost. Sure there is some increase, but it's inconsequential compared to other engines. They're designed to make torque low in the RPM range, and return decent fuel economy. That's it.

Super Silvi 1990

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dude it was the only sheet i could find that was easy to read. A set of headers increase hp and torque because it increases flow a engine is just a pump that spins a gear. increase the flow you increase the speed. More torque means more hp. more hp means more tq they go hand and hand. you increase one the other goes up heres another trained mechanic that deals with headers onlyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi9ishG_1DM

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your truck was black and all that piping was black/red I think this exhaust setup would look tittiesss'
but honestly it ain't worth it cause that motor isn't pushing enough power to make use of such an exhaust setup and you can't rep it...
Please dechrome / debadge and put some cragar soft 8's on bf goodrich radial t/a's
You must be registered for see images attach

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
Dude it was the only sheet i could find that was easy to read. A set of headers increase hp and torque because it increases flow a engine is just a pump that spins a gear. increase the flow you increase the speed. More torque means more hp. more hp means more tq they go hand and hand. you increase one the other goes up heres another trained mechanic that deals with headers onlyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi9ishG_1ideo]

LOL. You base that assumption on the cylinder heads of a GenI smog-era engine being able to actually utilize the "extra flow." We're not talking about all engines in general, just these particular ones.

Just remember, exhaust VELOCITY is far more important than total exhaust FLOW. There's a reason all the local rednecks have to use so much throttle in their trucks with dual straights. That type of exhaust setup has great flow, but low velocity which inhibits exhaust scavenging, costing a tremendous amount of efficiency and overall power. (not to mention sounding horrendous) On an engine powerful enough to utilize them, with a PROPER exhaust setup, headers are great. On a stock GenI SBC though, believe it or not the OEM manifolds/y-pipe provide the best of all combinations for everyday driving as far as power and efficiency go. Sure you'll gain 5hp at WOT with headers on those engines, but you don't ride around at WOT all the time. At part throttle cruise and low speeds they don't provide any benefit over stock, and unless combined with a proper exhaust system will actually cost you performance and efficiency.