Exhaust Gurus?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeRWK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got this truck yesterday and it has side exit exhausts and no x or crossover pipe and the guy put the 02 sensor on the right side and it runs so rich you can smell gas out the exhaust. can i just put a pipe between the 2 and stick the sensor in the middle?

You must be registered for see images attach

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
Jesus. Well you can do one of two things.........wire in a factory heated O2 sensor, for find a set of stock manifolds and y-pipe and build your exhaust from that.

MikeRWK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some flowtech headers came with the truck, i had an electrical engineer draw me up a circuit to run 2 02s

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
Some flowtech headers came with the truck, i had an electrical engineer draw me up a circuit to run 2 02s

That's pointless on a TBI engine. The PCM has no input for a second O2 sensor, and you damn sure can't bridge two inputs.

Listen to me...........the EASIEST thing to do is pick up an OEM heated O2 sensor, use the wiper motor switched 12VDC source to power it and connect the NB output to your factory wiring. You only need one. The sensors aren't self grounding so you'll obviously need to connect a chassis ground somewhere. That's the solution nearly everyone uses when they run headers with no O2 provision.

MikeRWK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the headers that came with the truck have an 02 provision. the guy mentioned something about the 02 sensor and i didnt realize he moved it too far down stream, i will be installing the headers and puting the 02 where it should be.I should have known the 02 wasnt in the right place i owned one of these trucks before:slap:

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
You'll still need a heated O2 sensor bud. It will never maintain a constant temperature that far downstream in the exhaust.

MikeRWK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats not close enough?

You must be registered for see images attach