Escalade Door Chime Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SK Productions

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so I've been junkyard to junkyard, Escalade to Escalade, and for the life of me, I cannot get my hands on the door chime box under the dash. I don't know if someone is just beating me to it, or if these things even have the box. It's a gmt400 still, and I didn't think they did the chime with the speaker thing until the NBS trucks rolled out. I'm losing my mind, because it's hard to believe that people grab that little box FIRST before the gauge cluster or the dash bezel.

If anyone here has a 99-00 Escalade or a Yukon Denali, take a look under your dash and check if you have a door chime box like on a standard truck. I'm starting to think I've been on a wild goose chase and these boxes don't exist. Otherwise I'll keep looking

The big brown box on the right is the door chime. It's currently one from a Camaro (Black if it's a stock truck one.)
You must be registered for see images attach

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The OBS Escalade has a body control module that takes care of the chimes - they're under the center console, but it's not the little 7-pin unit like what goes under the dash - it does alarm stuff and iirc some of the lighting runs through it as well.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Oh sure, if you want to rewire the whole interior lol. I'm going to put a Blazer BCM in mine, but I'm also redoing the wiring on the entire truck so that'll fit right in to the project. I can't access the schematics right now but I do know that all the functions of the little 7 pin box are run by the BCM. There's also a factory alarm with connections to the lights and horn, and a vibration sensor on some of them. Possibly dome light control and the remote keyless entry receiver as well. I know there's quite a bit to that BCM, much like on the later trucks. I tried pulling one at a junkyard just to get a look at it, but it's under the center console and I didn't feel like taking the entire truck apart just for that.

Getting a better look at this thing via wiring diagrams, I can say it does have control over the dome lighting (replaces the interior lighting and keyless entry modules completely), a flash-parklights output for the remote keyless entry, and Retained Accessory Power I/O.. Even seems to have its own built-in relay for RAP, unlike the Blazers. Also has the keyless entry receiver built in with lock and unlock output controls. I'm not sure how you'd program remote fobs tho, as there's no program-enable wire at Pin 8 of the DLC like there is with the older trucks. Interestingly enough, the BCM does not interface with the PassKey system... That is still its own module combined with the EVO steering module like in all the 98-00 trucks, and there is no connection between the BCM and the PCM for VATS either. The BCM has a security light mounted in the middle of the console rather than using the Security indicator in the cluster, so a completely independent "forced entry security" system. Quite interesting. Now I wish I had bothered to tear the truck apart when I had the chance to get my hands on it... But yeah, if you wanted to use it instead of the chime module and whatever else, count on tearing out the entire interior and doing a lot of rewiring lol.

Last edited: