Engine power loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeK1500

Reaction score
I just recently did the head gaskets on my truck. I put in new distributor, cap, rotor, plugs and wires,and a new fuel filter. Got everything back together and running. Now I get a loss of power when I'm driving. It only happens at take off and when I'm stopping. It acts like it's not getting fuel or the there is a big vacuum leak. I've done a pressure test on my fuel all is normal. im thinking it might be the egr valve when I disconnect it the truck runs fine. What do you think my issue is?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Year? Guessing k1500 by your screen name? Motor size? All that kinda helps..lol..

But generically yes sound like your egr valve is either sluggish or has a bad diaphragm in it.. either way replacement is the only option.. most people will tell you do not get a parts store egr. The oem from the dealer seams to work alot better.. you will need the numbers off your old egr valve as well no mater where you get it from...

sent from what use to be a great country...