engine bay clean up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
what are some tricks, mods, and ways you can clean up a engine n engine bay? cause mine is showing all 208,000 miles with dirt n grime and some rust on the covers n brackets are all spotty what do you guys do pics are appreciated

454/4X4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What i do is Simple gree Automotive, 15 minute soak....then power wash...let it sit in the sun for about 30 minutes, then attempt to crank. If it starts, let it idle for a bit to dry up. If not..let it sit some more.

Dont force water into the alternator, starter, or intake...

Ive got Chrome covers on my TBI trucks, and once a year I pull em and polish them up...otherwise, everything gets a thick layer of CD-2 engine detailer....keep it looking fresh year round.

The look on people faces when i pop my hood...they are blown away that trucks with so many miles, 15-20 years old..daily drivers, can be that clean.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I always sprayed mine with degreaser and pressure washed it. It always came out nice

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
hmmmm think painting my vc's will help alot also is there a easy way to make the pully bracket look new