Electrical problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckR14

Reaction score
I just bought a 99 Tahoe. I didnt make it back home with it yet becuse my diff cover sprung a leak so shes at home depot. I fixed that in the parking lot and now realized that when I turn the truck off and remove the key i still have power going to seemingly random places. Like my fan controls and 4wd buttons. Can anyone tell me anything about this?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Because you had no response in the stupid electrical section, I will leave this post, but there is no need for 2 or 3 post all the same. The reason no one has answered you question, is because there is no simple answer. You are going to have to spend some time with a test light, and, or, or a multi meter, and figure out if it is an ingition switch issue or a short some where else.

TruckR14

Reaction score
Thank you, this is my first time foruming? I wasn't sure if I got it right. I sent a question to the help thing but didnt get a reply. I may have figured this out now.