Electrical issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ETrail Tahoe

Reaction score
So you’re saying the brake lights no longer stay on continuously when fuse 16 is removed and the IGN is on, correct?

What about the run-on condition I asked about… “truck will not shut off until i release the brake pedal”? Does it go away when either fuse is removed?
Good away with fuse 16 out, didn't try fuse 1. With fuse 16 out, the right turn signal would not work but the left did at times but not always.

ETrail Tahoe

Reaction score
All
A few quick questions:

- You have DRLs on that vehicle, right? Are they still enabled?

- Do you have any other lights that are acting "odd", e.g,. they don't illuminate fully, or they change in intensity when they shouldn't (e.g., turning on headlights causes the parking lights

ETrail Tahoe

Reaction score
I found out today that with fuse 16 out, if i hit the brakes the left turn signal will operate until i let off the brake and it stops

ETrail Tahoe

Reaction score
Finally got the new switch and installed it today, that did the trick. Thanks everyone for helping me keep what little hair i have left, apparently the last switch i installed was factory defective.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got the new switch and installed it today, that did the trick. Thanks everyone for helping me keep what little hair i have left, apparently the last switch i installed was factory defective.

Good, glad to hear it... and thanks for the update, it re-affirms that I still have some debugging skills (and thanks to @east302 as well, it was a joint effort).