electric problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sweet93

Reaction score
i have a 1993 gmc sierra 1500 that shuts off while driving sometimes. the lights and everything still work its just the motor stops running. im a little lost dont know where to start looking. then when i try to restart it sometimes it acts like its not gettig any spark, bc it will turn over just wont start.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah check the ignition module they go out frequently, and if you replace it try to get an ac delco they last much longer than the part's store replacement brand's, also if you change it be sure to put the heat sink compound inbetween the distribtuor and the module!

sweet93

Reaction score
ok thanks for the help. i have never replaced that before do you think i should just buy a new distributor?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They are not hard to replace, I wouldn't change the whole distributor for just the module.

sweet93

Reaction score
so i did the ecm tap test and it isntantly killed the truck. so do i need to replace it and if so where can i find one

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks this may be a fuel pump or sending unit in the middle of dying?

edit. Sorry, didn't read the last post.

sweet93

Reaction score
well that was the problem. truck works fine now, thank you for helping me with this problem