Electric fire under hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you very much for you rhelp on the diagrams... A lot of help.
But there's some miss matches also in some diagrams... Like wire color codes on some circuits...
So now I'm almost done with the harnees... Just finished installing it on the engine.... But I have 2 wires that wont match...
One is. A pink/black 18awg...on my left side of the harness I have it labeled as 12v ignition. And a gray labeled as fuel sender. This 2 are coming from the passenger side harness...
On the other side on the harness theres no pink/ black... Just. A brown /black wire left. And a gray /black wire.
I put here a Pic to show left and right wires..
Any help greatly appreciated...
Thank you again
depending on the years some ISO specs may have come into play

javigo1971

Reaction score
Do you know by any chance where can I get the specific 1992 bulkhead conector c100 on the driver side pinout.. Diagram
Thank you..

javigo1971

Reaction score
Well I got the harness in.... And coil wires.. Cap rotor... But missing just 4 wires won't match... I got no reading from the conector C100 to the wires showing in the picture......?
With my voltmeter... No continuity.. Weird.. ... Any clues...?

Attachments

• IMG_20220302_181518.jpg
    IMG_20220302_181518.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20220302_161546.jpg
    IMG_20220302_161546.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20220302_161732.jpg
    IMG_20220302_161732.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20220302_161732.jpg
    IMG_20220302_161732.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20220302_161621.jpg
    IMG_20220302_161621.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 9

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you dont mind 20$ you can get a 3 day subscription to GM SI and access all TSBs, all service information, all service data related to your Truck which you can download sections of the service data in PDFs while you have the subscription. That means you can collect all the data before you run out so you can refer to it anytime. This also wouldnt be limited to only the truck, you would have access to 1980 ish + gm vehicles.

javigo1971

Reaction score
Please Help guys...
I install harness... As to my knowledge everything is fine
.. Now.... It won't start hard to crank feels like it wants to go but won't crank... Feels like week battery or starter..
So I went ahead order new starter same thing..
New battery samething....
Change negative cable for a new one.. Installed it on back of ac compressor bracket stud nice and firm... Nothing gets warm to the touch after few hard to crank turns... Seems to want to start when oil pressure goes over 20 or 40 psi....but there's no enough power to turn... Or crank... When oil. Pressure climbs enough you can see the Gass pumping ok.... Obviously there's spark..
.. Getting crazy here now... Mdont know what else to check..
Thank you guys

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
Pink abd black stripe is fused a 10a and leads to egr and from there to injectors.

Attachments

• gmc-truck-wiring-diagrams-on-gm-wiring-harness-diagram-88-98-kc-1988-chevy-truck-wiring-diagram.jpg
    gmc-truck-wiring-diagrams-on-gm-wiring-harness-diagram-88-98-kc-1988-chevy-truck-wiring-diagram.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 19

javigo1971

Reaction score
Ahhhh finally... Jajajaj lol
Got it running... You won't believe..
So I was trying to remove the distributor cap... And decide it... To first remove coil.. To distributor spark wire to check for... Spark at the coil with a screwdriver... Guess what..?
It cranked like a new truck nice and smooth.... With spark at the screwdriver and coil.... So I then put back the spark wire to top of coil and try to crank and nothing...just cranked like half turn..
Then took the coil spark wire again and cranked beautifully again...
So I decide to check the firing order.. Again..
And long and behold... I just got the feeling of the number 1 wire was too close to the left hand side of the distributor so what I did was..
Just. Moved the firing order...one step ahead... Leaving with the number 1 wire more towards the center left of the distributor..... And went to crank it..

And the sweet old engine sound came ALIVE...jajajja that was the most beautiful thing ever..
But wait thats not all...
I was so happy... So I went and clean everything arround the truck.. And try to park it closer to the driveway...
Guess what..?
No shifting... Whatattt?... I know right..?
So I realized that I had 3 purple wires left to connect on the harness..
One is the Tcc.. Going from the tranny to the harness..
The other going to or from the diode module gray little square plastic box taped up to the harness.....
Any ideas... Why not shifting..? Out of park..?
Also found a small oil leak next to shifter of the transfer.... It looks like a 3inch diameter hole with some kind of mechanism sticking out.. Of it...? It's driping from there.... Any clues...?
So that's it for today... I'm very happy for your help guys no idea how I preciate that...
Last question is. ... It is normal for the alternator to get hot to the touch..? Only turning the engine for like 5 times and idle.. For no more then 2mnts..?thats what I did after getting it running...
No check engine lights.. On dash.. Gauges seem to work fine... Battery ok to Close to 14....alt gauge in the middle..
Same for water.... And good oil pressure... Thanks again.

javigo1971

Reaction score
Sorry again guys here...
Need some guide on where this wire goes I have one black with diode thicker cable ends on a purple color...?
It comes from the tranny side...?
I believe.. Togeder with 4 more wires.. They go through a little tube behind the rear right head towards the starter to front of the axle switch...
So wonder where this purple wire goes.... If i follow the diagram it's supposed to go to the 4wal module?...
Confuse.. Cause the only purple wire to the connector of the 4wal...module is coming from the gray square plastic with some diodes circuit in it... Behind the gt100 conector on the passenger side.. That carries 3 purple wires... One to the 4wal module... One for the tcc... And the other to. A conector behind the glove box going I believe to the stop brake switch..
So I need help with That purple wire with diode on the picture... We're does it go.?
May help greatly appreciated..
Ps... The leak I found under the truck was for the governor Cover... of the tranny.. Some how is missing.. And I believe the oil came out of there..
Thats why I think the truck won't move from... Park? Won't shift.
Thank you again guys.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220309_232737.jpg
    Screenshot_20220309_232737.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 8