egr emmisions monitor will not go into ready state

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sunlitcomet

Reaction score
Shortly after,maybe a few weeks, installing a jantzers ported TB on a 96 tahoe 350 vortec my mileage started suffering and it seem ever since my egr emissions monitor will not complete. There was a few brief moments in the last 8 months that is has been going on that the mileage had gone to maybe 14. But not back to the 15-16.4 I had before. Asp in the first few weeks of doing it and doing a 1000 mile total Mileage would wonderful from12-to 18.9. Any time it change for good or goes back to worse seem to be dependent on meeting starting the engine. What gives? Any thought at all please. So far I don't see how a ported TB can do this.

Last edited:

sunlitcomet

Reaction score
39 views and not a clue? Thought this forum being all gmt400 chassis some one has info. Guess I am the only one that really gets into this technical stuff.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
I'm guessing they veered away from this thread when they couldn't understand what you had typed in there.
I don't see how a ported throttle body is going to effect your emissions unless you forgot to hook up some vaccuum lines or something.
I honestly don't understand what your trying to ask.

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like horns said, rewrite your question in a clearer way. This forum has all the knowledge you could ever want about gmt 400's so take another shot

sunlitcomet

Reaction score
Like horns said, rewrite your question in a clearer way. This forum has all the knowledge you could ever want about gmt 400's so take another shot
how the hell can you guys not understand what i am talking about. Basically i need a solution to the problem in the subject line.

sunlitcomet

Reaction score
i only came here because i am called the obs jedi at tyf and everybody is always coming to me for help so i can get no solution to this issue there. and the net has really next to nothing on it. even bought some books on emissions work and nothing. i have made up my theory but i want evidence to back it up before i invest money into to. is there some other details you need?

cviola2005

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OP, by "my egress monitor will not ccomplete", do you mean that the o2 sensor will not complete the preheat?

sunlitcomet

Reaction score
no egr emissions monitor will not complete. i corrected the spelling mishaps above sorry.