Dug into my front suspension today. Now I have a steering knuckle question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So despite telling God and everyone that I wasn't going to search for that thread...

Thanks to wb292:
You must be registered for see images attach
It’s a Tolsen model 65042. Worked perfectly

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the puller from eBay. Tolsen model 65042. I used it on my neighbors truck changing his Lowers also. It works perfect. No banging or cussing. Both sets were stuck and I made short work of them with my 1/2 impact.

Attachments

• 0BDE34F7-9044-44A4-AA0C-82FB94532BA5.jpeg
    0BDE34F7-9044-44A4-AA0C-82FB94532BA5.jpeg
    272.3 KB · Views: 8

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Installing them was easy. I cleaned up the bars and used never seize on the hex. Slid right into the new arms. Snug fit but I could move them by hand.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@wb292, thanks for the info on that tool. While I wasn't planning on taking the T bars out of the LCA's to begin with, it would give me an excuse to buy another tool, lol.

We'll see how things go after I have the LCA's on the bench, attempting removal of the bushings. I'm also probably going to sandblast everything AND try to do something with the hole where the sway bar link goes, because it's bothering me.

Oh and another thing I thought I'd mention... I would have just bought up that tool, and left the T bar keys alone where they're at - except - I've already made a mess out of the driver side key, due to my attempts at a destructive removal (which, have so far failed). I'll have to replace at least that one key. Might just do both sides.

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you take the LCAs off the bars you won’t need to fight the keys. Other than backing the tension off of them.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you take the LCAs off the bars you won’t need to fight the keys. Other than backing the tension off of them.

Yes, I understand that. Again, I've already screwed up the driver side key, so it's going to have to come off anyway.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I have changed the torsion bars on my '90 plow truck in the past by taking an old torsion bar and cutting the the hex portion off from one end and then placing the cut end in the hex of the control arm and setting the torsion bar on a jack stand and hammering the bar out of the LCA. Noisy, but it works.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You posted a tool without putting a link where to find it!

That basturd is hard to find.

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You posted a tool without putting a link where to find it!

That basturd is hard to find.
Sorry about that. I got it off of ebay a while ago. So I didn’t have a link for one.